In our final episode of the season, we recap Tamu’s European trip which was chocked full of cobblestone, hills and steps!
Moral to the Story: We only go around this Earth once. Treat yo’self. Don’t cheap out on your vacations.
Other Fun Topics Discussed:
- Get to Know Us: Justin Timberlake’s recent “poor lack of judgement” sparked this week’s question – Would you let your man hold another woman’s hand?
- The consensus was, “I guess”.
- Tamu got Prik in Amsterdam.
- Sometimes being a tourist can be fun.
- Tamu’s Tourist Suggestions:
- London – London Eye with drinks package; if you are lucky, you will see a proposal!
- Edinburgh – Scotch Whisky Experience; ride in a whisky barrel and learn from a ghost how whisky is made and then drink some!
- Paris: L’Atelier des Lumieres; immerse yourself in the art of Vincent Van Gogh (until Jan 5, 2020).
- No one gives you the topical terrain information about cities when you are reading a travel blog.
- Tamu’s Travel Pro Tip: Scotland has inclines and steps. So does London.
- Racism Abroad: In Amsterdam, people dress in full blackface as a Santa’s helper friend, Black Pete.
- Shout out to Tiffany from Abroad in Education: Wigs did make a difference.
- Shout out to my new Scottish friends Liam and James!
- Tamu’s Foodie Suggestions:
- That time we left a bar in Paris without paying.
- Tamu’s Travel Pro Tip: Wear comfortable shoes and clothes.
- Our bizarre Outlander discussion.
- The benefits of living minimally.
- In praise of WhatsApp: keeps family close and friendships fresh.
- #WePodcastLikeThis: Hannah’s (Check out Ep. 32 to learn more about Hannah and her Social Justice Book Club) talented kids made the earrings we are wearing for a fundraiser.
Thank you: To all of our old and new listener friends, we are so very grateful for your support. We wish you all a very safe and happy holiday season! See you next year for Season 3!