This week Tamu and Mallory discuss the aftermath of Mallory’s Saturday night “The Postman” live Tweet event and her bringing this terrible, yet timely film back to life. Tamu wrestles with work microaggressions and coming to terms with not making excuses for feeling how she feels about racism. In Kentucky, the cops who murdered Breonna Taylor probably had a BBQ instead of prison food–AGAIN!
Moral to the Story: Believe Black women. Support Black women. Protect Black Women.
Never-ending Very Special Moral to the Story: Arrest the police officers who murdered Breonna Taylor!
Other Fun Topics Discussed:
- Megan Thee Stallion protecting the man who shot her while he throws her under the bus.
- Iowa’s land hurricane, a.k.a., derecho and the time Tamu and Mallory think they were caught in one.
- Bidets: get one for COVID Wave 2
- Bad at Love has a theory: Racism would still exist if your wiped everyone’s memory like Men in Black.
- New Podcast – Antiracist Parenting Podcast: Our dear friend and social justice book club creator, Hannah, who was our guest on Episode 32: Justice Flowers with a Side of Ranch now has her very own podcast. Please listen to Antiracist Parenting Podcast. Hannah and her co-host SooJin are parents who are deeply committed to raising antiracist children and want to build a community that will help parents gain confidence in raising a generation of antiracist kids by talking with kids about race, racism, white supremacy, and what it means to be an antiracist. Want more information? Check out their website.
- Congratulations to Tiffany from Abroad In Education: Tiffany, creator and host of the podcast, (A)broad in Education and special guest on our series of travel episodes (Episodes 30 & 31) is doing big things with her doctoral thesis and just won a game-changing fellowship!
- Glad you are still with us, Kelli!: Fan of the show Kelli, survived a near-death experience on Lake Michigan. So glad you and your daughter are okay.