Tamu and Mallory have a conversation about the devastating and change-making events that have rocked their Twin Cities of Minneapolis & St. Paul, the nation, and the world in the past three weeks.
Moral to the Story: BLACK LIVES MATTER!
DONATE, DONATE, DONATE!
- Reclaim the Block has a Google doc listing Minneapolis/St.Paul organizations you can donate to.
- The Strategist has a comprehensive list of organizations that you can support based on your interests.
- Donate locally to ensure funds get where they are most needed.
Be an ALLY:
- Check out Justice in June. It offers three learning plans for anyone hoping to spend the month taking a step to “becoming an active ally to the black community.” Choose how much time you have per day — 10, 25 or 45 minutes — and the learning plan tells you what media to consume.
- Watch Ibram X. Kendi discuss How to Be an Antiracist.
- Watch Dr. Robin DiAngelo discuss White Fragility.
- Watch Franchesca Ramsey’s 5 Tips for Being an Ally.