As a part of Tamu’s personal growth journey, she chose to read Brene Brown’s, Braving the Wilderness then thought it would be good idea to read for the podcast at some point. The timing was astounding, as it was read during a week of mass shootings at the end of July into August and the book served as basis to try and understand why these tragedies continue to occur and how we can work in our own small ways to make change.
Moral to the Story: Listen to try to understand in the same way we want to be understood.
Other Fun Topics Discussed:
- Get to Know Us: Being in a relationship with a person of color. Awareness of the whites to issues of others. Respect when your partner draws attention to situations.
- Mallory hates slap bracelets.
- Drink of the Day: Tinto de Verano
- What is the wilderness? Standing in your truth and not wavering from it.
- It is important to set up boundaries for yourself.
- We are living in a giant feedback loop.
- Loneliness stems from fear & anger.
- We are where we are today out of fear.
- Global and Domestic Terrorism: A Discussion
- Mallory is losing her empathy for gunmen.
- We are all able to recognize and stop it.
- Conflict transformation: Help me understand.
- Mallory is always on a rampage for justice, to hell with small victories.
- Tamu is working on being joy-filled but she is busy foreboding joy.
- Be courageous and vulnerable.
- Express your joy, it will make others happy.