Moral to the Story: Travel makes you different.
Other Fun Topics Discuss:
- Tamu is traveling to Europe.
- Tiffany has two volumes of photos from her trips.
- Tamu’s flight anxiety.
- Group consensus: there is plenty to do to keep you distracted on flights.
- Tiffany’s Collage: Smoking in Amsterdam
- Food tastes better in their origin countries.
- Thuan Recommends: Churchill War Museum
- Feeling Triggered: Tamu passes on the Heineken Museum because Wight 1 used to drink it. Tiffany suggests going to exorcise the legacy of Wight 1.
- Tamu is taking a wig to change her persona in Amsterdam.
- Hair changes your personality.
- Tiffany suggests wearing a wig throughout the trip.
- Le Paris Noir Tour.
Travel & Race & Safety:
- Don’t read the comments when you Google about being black and travelling.
- Being American carries more weight than blackness.
- Travel in Paris.
- Tales from the Camino de Santiago.
- Being American can also make you feel like an outsider aside from race/ethnicity.
- Passports: Concept of US passport as reparations.
- Head Scratcher Question: Are all Americans colonizers?
- Americans have a privilege abroad just by being American.
- Is it radical to travel?