This week we talk with our friend and author of Reclaiming Choice: Awakening Peace and Power from Within, Gretchen about not compromising on your deal-breakers in relationships. BTW, she is also the lovely woman who let us record season one at her house.
Moral to the Story: You don’t have to jump into dating immediately after a breakup.
Other Fun Topics Discussed:
- Get to Know Us: What should the legal smoking age be? 18 or 21?
- Our consensus was 19.
- Tamu is going to try a hash brownie when she goes to Amsterdam.
- We create our own relationships. Get clear on your deal-breakers.
- Communicating with the Opposite Sex, by Alison Armstrong.
- Follow your gut.
- Don’t compromise on your happiness.
- It is more sensible to look for what you desire and deserve, rather than waste someone’s time.
- It is not easy to sit within yourself.
- Take time to process the end of relationships or else you’ll bring that baggage into your next one.
- At the end of the day, be honest with what you want.
Check out Gretchen’s book, Reclaiming Choice: Awakening Peace and Power from Within:
Is the world going mad? Have you wondered if the violence and suffering will ever end? With gentle words, Gretchen speaks through the fog of pain and confusion to a culture that has lost its center. Conveyed in a personal narrative that is at once familiar and profound, she guides the reader through the layers of separation obscuring access to peace and wholeness. The journey is as healing as it is empowering; awakening the reader to the importance of reclaiming their right of conscious choice. In the process, Gretchen builds a bridge between where we are now and where we can go as individuals, communities and as a human race. It is a refreshing perspective, worthy of consideration, discussion and application.