Movie Moral to the Story: Based on this movie and countless other movies, it is easier to love a pretty person than and ugly person.
Our Moral to the Story: Awkward can be beautiful.
Other Fun Topics Discussed:
- Get to Know Us: What moving setting would we live in?
- Nick would definitely not live in the DC Universe. He might choose living in Middle Earth but we are all unclear as to whether they have indoor plumbing.
- Aragorn is like 150!
- More on Lord of the Rings: Mallory lost most her Elvish language skills. I guess it is true if you don’t use it, you lose it.
- Tamu said she would live in a Nora Ephron movie, but really she meant Nancy Meyers. Who wouldn’t want to live in Meryl Streep’s “It’s Complicated” house?
- Mallory would live in a musical.
- None of us opted for living in a period piece or the Marvel Universe. Well, maybe Wakanda.
- Tamu notices Montgomery Clift’s bumper curls.
- Catherine’s dad was a really good doctor and gave himself a spot on diagnosis and prognosis with just a stethoscope!
- Olivia de Havilland and her sister Joan Fontaine had a wicked sibling rivalry.
- Move over Spinster, there’s a new word in town: Thornback – an unmarried woman over age 26.
- Nick actually READ Game of Thrones.
- Nick explains the tricks of back and white movies.
- Turns out Mallory has an ally in the Love Actually debate. Too bad Nick missed that episode.
- Morris’ unromantic song, “Plaisir d’amour. Lyrics are: The joy of love lasts but a moment. The pain of love lasts all the life long. SWOON!
- Copyright Infringement: Elvis probs stole the melody of “Can’t Help Falling in Love with You” from that awesome French “love” song.
- #WePodcastLikeThis: It was late, but we remembered.
Podcast Shout Out:
Nick Palodichuk is not just a knowledgeable film dude, lover of comics, and podcast host. He is also a talent artist! Check out his graphic novel, The Green Way – Vol. 1. Volumes 2 and 3 will be out in the fall.