This week we dig into the results of our emotional intelligence tests!
Moral to the Story: Not everyone thinks like you.
Other Fun Topics Discussed:
- Get To Know Us: we talk about childhood songs. Tamu blows Mallory away with the disco version of “C is for Cookie” off of Sesame Street Disco Fever. Mallory remembers the racist version of “This Land is Your Land” from junior high school.
- We can’t help but feel we broke our lovely EQ coach, Hannah.
- #WePodcastLikeThis with Dave Matthews’ Dreaming Tree Wine with the hard to read poem.
- Mallory’s amazingly high EQ scores would be even higher were it not for her life challenges last year, but things are on the up!
- Tamu’s optimism score is 45, because this world is a piece of shit.
- Mallory realizes she has mental health privilege.
- Getting the results was nerve wrecking.
- Mallory’s version of flexibility is not being a doormat.
- Tamu is optimistic for everyone except herself.
- Question of the Day: How do you become optimistic in a shitty world?
- You cannot have a perspective in reality & be optimistic, you are lying to yourself.
- Scores reflected the environments that Mallory & Tamu grew up in.
- Mallory talks about her mom’s insane optimism that leeched into her psyche which is positive — even if she doesn’t see it that way.
- Mallory saved a jumper’s life.
- MMMBop has lyrics!
- Note to Dave Matthews: We don’t understand you!
- Mallory’s family issues have gotten better but, when it comes to dating relationships, she has to work on trust.