Right before they popped off to the land of tea & crumpets, Jim and Ben stopped by for one last in-person recording session to talk about their wedding. Apologies in advance to the Brits for our terrible English accents.
Moral to the Story: Marriage has to be based on fake news otherwise no one would do it.
Other Fun Topics Discussed:
- Ben explains the arduous emigration process.
- Tamu & Mallory cried at the courthouse wedding video.
- San Diego Shout Outs: To the wedding venue, Bahia Resort Hotel and the runner-up, Top of the Bay.
- Deep Sadness Moment: Mallory learns Orlando Bloom is engaged to Katy Perry.
- WTF Moment: Ben learns Orlando Bloom is English!
- Ben loves Katy Perry so much she is the only artist he listens to offline.
- Mallory’s elvish journals.
- Ben is taking his Tolkien collection to England.
- Ben feels that Elijah Wood should be English and/or gay.
- Question of the Day: Do the English speak proper English?
- Speaking of Weddings: Joelle of Mouse and Weens had close to 200 people at her wedding.
- Ben’s dream wedding came to fruition, the feeling was not mutual for Jim.
- Friends/guests forget a wedding is not about them.
- Jim & Ben spent 10 hours putting together their seating chart to avoid “landmines”.
- For Jim, the bigness of the wedding (84 guests) was overwhelming .
- Jim’s 80-line excel spreadsheet.
- Jim, the Consummate Wedding Planner: Jim broke all of the wedding activities into 15 minute increments.
- Toast strategies for when you have four (4) of them.
- Would they do a big wedding again? No, however, for each of them watching one another walk down the aisle with their respective families made it worth it.
- Lessons Learned: Jim will now be a horrible wedding guest.
- All about the music: Jim’s OCD came out creating the reception playlist and Tamu felt a way about being excluded from the music selection.
- Shifting Perspectives: Ben’s parents’ progression from him burning in hell to full acceptance of his being gay.
- You get 1 min: Jim’s explanation for the champagne toast.
- A moment of Zen: Jim’s mani/pedi relaxation moment.
- Tamu won’t be allowed into Britain with her bad cockney accent.
Jim & Ben’s Guide to Wedding Survival:
- Clearly communicate your needs and wants.
- Decide the size of wedding up front and do not deviate.
- Agree together on how scripted you want things to be.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Don’t freak out about your friends being idiots, they are just excited.
- Don’t settle on venues. Take time and look around.
Podcast Shout Outs from Across the Pond:
- Check out The Thirst Podcast for pop culture, news, reviews, and discussion.
- Listen to Her Moment in History where hosts Grace and Michelle give famous, infamous and not-so-well know women a time to shine.