This week we read Lane Moore’s book, How To Be Alone If You Want To, And Even If You Don’t and realized that while we may agreed with some of the concepts, we might just be too cynical for this book.
Moral to the Story: Be the person you want to be/see, but with boundaries because people can still be dicks.
Other Fun Topics Discussed:
- Get to know Tamu and Mallory: Mallory has 4 pairs of shoes and refuses to buy a pesky 5th pair because she would have the burden of packing it when she moves.
- Special Thanks: To CDot from The Meme-ing of it All Podcast for sharing her idea of using a UBS adapter so that we can use multiple microphones instead of one. We are forever grateful.
- #WePodcastLikeThis: We can’t take selfies for shit.
- Recognize your gifts. Sometimes the universe provides you with what you need.
- Look past the fear of connecting.
- Stranger Luck aided in Mallory’s trip to Europe.
- You can say “no” to emotional and energy vampires.
- Sometimes people are unable to give you want you need because they simply cannot relate.
- If someone can’t understand you and your sadness…run.
- Regardless of how strong you think you are, you still need people.
- Mallory and Tamu agree to be each other’s emergency contacts.
- Online friends are wonderful, however, it is still nice to have people close by.
- We fundamentally disagree with Lane on fairy tale love.
- Mallory LOVES Leslie Knope.
- Stop setting high expectations: Tamu tells a Sven story.
- Save Money and Energy: Only buy lingerie for yourself so you don’t associate it with past partners.
- Tamu’s landing strip story–her lady was never the same.
- You don’t always have to be “on” to be “normal”.
- Mallory LOVES Indigo.
- People love animals way more than they love humans.
Podcast Shout Outs: