This week we watched Discovery Channel’s 2009, “The Science of Sex Appeal” documentary and learned all sorts of sexy science things. Genetics and hormones are a bitch, y’all.
Moral to the Story: Science experiments lack diversity and inclusion.
Other Fun Topics Discussed:
- It all starts with the face.
- Golden Ratio is the equation of perfection
- We all start out symmetrical in the womb, but factors like not eating enough kale or coughing can cause asymmetry.
- Curves = health and fertility but for some stupid reason humans judge extremes as most attractive.
- In nature, males are the fancy ones. Human males use objects like cars and grillz to attract women.
- Men like physical attractiveness. Ladies prefer status.
- Kissing is important. Men’s saliva contains testosterone.
- Copulance makes men go stupid. Ladies secrete this mind numbing hormone. It also smells like “butter gone off.”
- Science is racist. Check out Sasheer Zamata’s look at Afrofuturism on Full Frontal with Samantha Bee.
- Mallory equates humans to dolphins and regales us with an amazing Drunk History segment about a scientific study that drugged dolphins with LSD and jerked them off to teach them to speak English.
- We want to know what sex appeal looks like in the age of Tinder.
Podcast Shout Outs: