There have been heated discussions between Tamu & Mallory about the holiday movie, Love Actually and whether it is actually problematic. Luckily when Jim and Ben were in town, they graciously agreed throw their hats into the ring regarding this “controversial” holiday film.
Moral to the Story: Love actually can spur debate.
Other Fun Topics Discussed:
- Laura Linney made the biggest mistake of her life!
- Ben LOVES Rodrigo Santoro.
- At Christmas anything is possible.
- Laura Linney is a national treasure.
- Debate Question 1: Do you think Rodrigo was in love with Laura?
- Ben reasons that we don’t see Rodrigo’s side of the story so it is difficult to know his feelings.
- Tamu would feel guilty about not answering her brother’s phone call, but would have chose an orgasm.
- Sometimes love is about forgiveness.
- Debate Question 2: Did Emma Thompson forgive Professor Snape?
- Question NOT up for Debate: No one likes that necklace.
- Love Actually is about love in all its forms.
- Keira Knightley’s stalker.
- Jim became a convert to Love Actually late in life.
- Mallory felt that Hugh Grant’s love story was problematic because of the “big lady” (OR NOT AT ALL BIG) trope.
- The difference between K-dramas and Rom-coms.
- Mallory has a higher expectation of rom-coms.
- Colin Firth is a world treasure.
- Both characters tried to learn their paramour’s respective language.
- Jim is also learning Portuguese.
- Mallory found Liam Neeson’s story line to be problematic.
- The bromance was not problematic per Mallory.
- Ben just learned that Claudia Schiffer was actually in this movie.
- Ben Recommends: Watching the cut scenes and director’s commentary.
- Bad@Love wishes everyone a lovely holiday season filled with love, laughter and friendship.
Artwork by Kerriann Art: https://www.instagram.com/artbykerriann/
Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/badatlovepodcast
Tweet us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/badatlovepod
Visit our website: www.badatlovepodcast.com
Email us: email@example.com