Well, at the time it was timely, but now, not so much. Tamu & Mallory headed to the theaters to see Crazy Rich Asians.
Moral to the Story: It will be out on DVD/streaming pretty soon. Buy it, rent it, stream it often so we can get more movies of color out into the world – or at least in America.
Other Fun Topics Discussed:
- This movie is Black Panther for Asians.
- These are the most rich people EVER.
- How do you not tell someone you are dating what they are getting into when it comes to your family?
- Once you find out, why not Google for more information?
- Tamu would have broken up with hottie.
- Tamu questions the NY credibility of Constance Wu’s character. Hit them in the face with the damn fish!
- Being other impacts all facets of life.
- Everyone hates Americans.
- Mallory has a hard time with the notion of being “crazy rich”.
- Even if you tick off all the boxes, being American is hobbling.
- If Bad@Love made this movie: Possible titles; Tragic Sad Americans or Stupid Poor Americans.
- Henry Golding’s character was problematic.
- Breaking Stereotypes: Hunky Tall Asians
- The most over-the-top wedding EVER.
- What is sacrifice?
- Bad@Love tries to escape America by Dating Abroad: Should they consider adding super rich Asians to the list?
- Tamu didn’t know her babysitter’s sons were Neo-Nazis (she was a kid!)
Artwork by Kerriann Art: https://www.instagram.com/artbykerriann/
Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/badatlovepodcast
Tweet us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/badatlovepod
Visit our website: www.badatlovepodcast.com
Email us: email@example.com