In this week’s episode, Mallory and Tamu explore ways to get over a relationship by watching 2001’s Someone Like You and discussing local Minnesota rapper Dessa’s experiment with neuroscience to pinpoint the parts of her brain where emotions of love were triggered by her former lover with whom she was broken up with (but he was still in her life) for 12 years. She then used neurofeedback to train her brain to work differently.
Moral to the Story: With practice, we can find our very own Hugh Jackman.
Other Fun Topics Discussed:
- Tamu is still butt hurt about not getting listener emails at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dessa’s new album Chime and her older songs.
- Dessa would have had her songs added to Tamu’s Banned@Love playlist.
- It was cute to see life pre-internet in Someone Like You
- New Cow Theory
- Hugh Jackman reaffirms that we should have fun.
- Protect your holes.
- Back in the 2000s no one believed in padding.
- It is easier to run than to be vulnerable.
- Beyoncé don’t play.
- Plan to internet date around the world.
Read about Dessa’s brain scan
Listen to Dessa’a new album Chime
Artwork by Kerriann Art: https://www.instagram.com/artbykerriann/
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/badatlovepodcast
Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/badatlovepodcast
Visit our website: www.badatlovepodcast.com
Email us: email@example.com