In this week’s episode, Tamu & Mallory explore how music has shaped and will continue to shape their lives.
Tamu digs through the crates of her music collection to reveal the love songs that she banned from her ears and mind after the end of her tumultuous relationships with Sven and Bjorn. The first song on the list, Prince’s Adore, was released the same year Mallory was born, which made Tamu feel so young and vibrant!
The 7-year ban has been lifted and these songs are joyfully part of her playlist rotation once again.
Check out the Banned@Love playlist below:
Mallory shares the fact the she has incredible disdain for Owl City’s Fireflies, and had a weird fondness for Jewel. As a youth, she also played hours upon hours of video games whilst listening to Christina Aguilera’s 2002 album, Stripped.
Moral to the Story: You learn so much about a person from looking at their playlists.
Other Fun Topics Discussed:
- Share the Love Wednesdays origins.
- Tamu’s love for Sade is equal to her love of Prince.
- Mallory REALLY liked The Proclaimers, I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles).
- Tamu’s ex-men’s Nordic replacement names have her flummoxed.
- Skryim, Dragon Age, and Zelda game music are great inspirations for fantasy writing and jewelry making.
- Mallory has a future career as a video game DJ.
- Alternative name for the podcast: Practically Oversharing.
Sorry Not Sorry: There is a lot of singing that is tremendously off key. Tamu knows she is not destined for Idol or The Voice, but it is her show, so deal!
Artwork by Kerriann Art: https://www.instagram.com/artbykerriann/
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/badatlovepodcast
Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/badatlovepodcast
Visit our website: www.badatlovepodcast.com
Email us: email@example.com