In this week’s episode, Tamu & Mallory watch each other’s favorite teen movies, Ever After: A Cinderella Story and Pretty in Pink.
If you haven’t guessed, Ever After was Mallory’s jam back in the day; so much so, she wrote an essay about it in the 7th grade. She felt more closely aligned to the Cinderella character, however, much to her chagrin, Tamu found Mallory’s tendencies to be more Prince leaning…she was not pleased. Tamu was annoyed with the end of the movie because Game of Thrones training has taught her that you must kill your enemies so they don’t come back for revenge; yet, The Baroness lives.
Meanwhile, Mallory had some serious opinions about Tamu’s choice, Pretty in Pink; mainly that Molly Ringwald’s character settled.
Both ladies learn that prom is the most important event in the known universe.
Moral to the Story: A relationship doesn’t start in 5 days, it takes a least 6 or 7 days.
Other Fun Topics Discussed:
- Tamu saw Black Panther
- Yertle the Turtle
- Sex and the City stole the shoe scene proposal from Ever After
- Other 2000s movies Mallory needs to watch
- Love Actually and Laura Linney’s choice
- Mallory LOVES Pride and Prejudice 2005
- Duties: sacrificing your wants/needs for others
- 80s movies are problematic AF
- Realistic stats about High School romance (it ain’t pretty)
- Tamu equates relationships to Mary J. Blige’s song, Seven Days
Apologies: First there were sound issues. It will be better next time. Second, Tamu tries and fails doing an Australian accent…sorry, Australia.
Artwork by Kerriann Art: https://www.instagram.com/artbykerriann/
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/badatlovepodcast
Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/badatlovepodcast
Visit our website: www.badatlovepodcast.com
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org